The Veggie Plot is a relatively new concept to hit the marketplace by founder, Anna Spencer, a passionate gardener, foodie and creative thinker. Anna developed the idea of a yogurt with a difference.
The Veggie Plot Savoury Yogurts is a Premium Product with a Greek Yogurt Base and benefits from having No Added Sugar. It comes in 150g Tubs and is easy for Cooking with, as Dips, Accompaniments or is Ready to Eat as a healthy yogurt, making it a versatile friend for the foodie.
“Vegetable yogurt will become the trendy new food of choice next year, replacing traditional sweet flavours in the fridges of fashion-conscious shoppers,” Waitrose has predicted. “Varieties such as carrot, beetroot and sweet potato have proved an unexpected hit in the US and will soon be making a mark in Britain.”
“Today, people are more likely to perceive healthy food as tasty and tasty food as healthy” Natalie Mitchell, head of brand development, Waitrose
Discover our flavours, what our products contain and all the nutritional information...y'see, we've thought of everything!
Tasty, comforting and creamy tasting avocado brings a touch of the luxurious to healthy eating. It is subtle yet complex.The smooth texture of avocado blends beautifully with rich greek yogurt to create an occasion at any time.
Natural Greek Yogurt, Avocado, Lime Juice
Typical Values per 100g, Energy 382 kJ (91 kcal), Fat 4.9g (of which saturates 1.3g), Carbohydrate 3.3g (of which sugars 1.2g), Fibre 1.4g, Protein 7.8g, Salt <0.1g
A beautiful vibrant vision in purple. Our Beetroot savoury yogurt has a sweet earthy caramel taste that is quite amazing.
Natural Greek Yogurt, Beetroot, Cumin Seeds, Dill
Typical Values per 100g, Energy 245 kJ (58 kcal), Fat 0.5g (of which saturates 0.1g), Carbohydrate 3.8g (of which sugars 2.4g), Fibre 3.7g, Protein 7.8g, Salt 0.2g
Cucumber is the taste of Spring and Summer with it's light,fresh, cleansing and re-invigorating effects and we added a slight bite of Dill to awaken your senses. Few calories and low sugar mean The Veggie Plot's Cucumber & Dill savoury yogurt can be eaten all day!
Natural Greek Yogurt, Cucumber, Dill, Salt.
Typical Values per 100g, Energy 244 kJ (58 kcal), Fat 0.5g (of which saturates 0.2g), Carbohydrate 3.5g (of which sugars 1.7g), Fibre 1.3g, Protein 9.2g, Salt 0.1g
Our Mediterranean Roast Vegetable savoury yogurt captures the clean and robust flavour of the Mediterranean packing a punch to elevate any recipe to new heights.
Natural Greek Yogurt, Mixed Peppers, Onions, Courgette, Garlic, Mixed Herbs
Typical Values per 100g, Energy 235 kJ (56 kcal), Fat 0.5g (of which saturates <0.1g), Carbohydrate 4.5g (of which sugars 2.0g), Fibre 3.6g, Protein 6.6g, Salt <0.1g
Go for the zing of our Red Pepper flavour. The rich yet fresh smokey sweetness of the roasted Peppers combine beautifully with the creaminess of greek yogurt to create a depth of flavour beyond compare.
Natural Greek Yogurt, Red Peppers, Tomatoes, Garlic, Salt
Typical Values per 100g, Energy 214 kJ (51kcal), Fat 0.3g (of which saturates 0.1g), Carbohydrate 2.9g (of which sugars 1.5g), Fibre 3.7g, Protein 7.3g, Salt <0.1g
Now you know what we can offer you, find out how you can use our speciality savoury yogurts to create masterpieces in the kitchen. We'd love to hear from you if you have any culinary masterpieces that you'd like to share where you've used Veggie Plot Savoury Yogurts.
1 can of refried beans
1 can of kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 large pinch of cayenne pepper
2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 handful cheddar cheese, grated
1 green chilli, thinly sliced
1 Tub of The Veggie Plot savoury yogurt Avocado & Lime Juice
1 handful of Coriander leaves, to serve
1. Heat grill to medium
2. Grill tortillas for 2 mins on a baking sheet
In a bowl, mix together refried beans, kidney beans, cayenne pepper and cherry tomatoes
3. Divide mix between tortillas
4. Top each tortillas with a spoonful of The Veggie Plot savoury yogurt Avocado & Lime juice
5. Scatter cheese and chilli over and grill again until cheese has melted
6. Top with coriander leaves to serve
4 potatoes, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed lightly
1 Tub The Veggie Plot savoury yogurt Beetroot & Cumin
4 pieces white fish
zest of half a lemon
1 small handful basil, chopped
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6
2. Put the potatoes in a large baking tray and toss with olive oil and fennel seeds
3. Season and arrange into a single layer, bake for 20 mins or so until softened and starting to crisp
4. Turn the potatoes, season again and dollop The Veggie Plot savoury yogurt Beetroot & Cumin over all.
5. Place the white fish on top, season, rub with a little of the spare oil in the tray and sprinkle with lemon zest
6. Return to the oven for a further 10 - 15 mins
7. Scatter the basil leaves over to serve.
1 Tub The Veggie Plot savoury yogurt Red Pepper with Zing
2 tsp ground coriander
chicken pieces or a whole chicken
15 shallots, peeled but left whole
6 carrots, peeled and diced
1 log of goats cheese
1 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp flour
1. In a bowl mix The Veggie Plot savoury yogurt with Zing with ground coriander
2. Loosen skin on chicken and rub all over with yogurt mix, over and under the skin and in cavity too
3. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight
4. Heat the oven to 200C/ 180C fan/ gas 6
5. Place the shallots, carrots in a baking tray and drizzle over with olive oil and season well.
6. Place chicken on top, use a rack if you prefer
7. Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basting occasionally with pan juices until veg is tender
8. over the chicken and set aside
9. Drain off the pan juices
10. ut half of the cooked veg into a processor with the goats cheese and pulse to a puree
11. Place in a large pan and add pan juices (remove fat first), chicken stock and flour and whisk until smooth.
12. Bring to the boil and reduce to a gentle simmer until thickened
13. Strain the sauce if you prefer
14. Serve carved chicken with remaining veg and sauce over
1 red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
feta cheese, crumbled
1 egg, beaten
1 cup flour plus flour for dredging
olive oil for shallow frying
1 Tub The Veggie Plot savoury yogurt Mediterranean Roast Vegetable
1 handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
(2 tbsp water may be needed for thinning)
1. For the sauce combine all ingredients in a processor and mix gently
2. Season and add some water if you prefer a thinner sauce
This sauce can be made in advance
1. Grate the courgette and salt lightly in a colander
set aside for 45 minutes then squeeze to remove excess water
2. Soften the red onion and garlic and add to all other ingredients and mix well
3. Season to taste, although bear in mind the feta cheese is quite salty. This mixture should be soft and sticky
4. Take a tbsp of this mixture, form into a patty, dredge in flour
5. Shallow fry carefully in hot oil til golden brown and crisping at the edges.
6. Drain cooked fritters on paper towel before serving with dipping sauce
1 Tub The Veggie Plot savoury yogurt Cucumber & Dill
1 garlic clove, grated
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric
large carrot, grated
1 1/2 tbsp coriander , chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp veg oil
1. Combine all in a bowl and chill
1. Toast the cumin seeds dry for 1 minute until fragrant
2. Add turmeric for last 20 seconds
3. Combine with carrot, coriander, olive oil and lemon juice
4. Toss and season to taste
1. Season the salmon fillets
2. Heat oil in a pan and cook salmon skin side down undisturbed
3. Once skin is browned turn gently and cook until salmon is opaque
If you want to know more about our amazing savoury yogurts that you haven't already learnt from our website, please feel free to contact us the following ways...
The Veggie Plot | Savoury Yogurts for Foodies
In the Garden
In the Kitchen